from 2016 Mar 18 midnight until rescindedStage II Fire Restrictions in effect for Rita Blanca National Grasslands of the Cibola National Forest, Cimarron County, within the State of Oklahoma. (ORDER NO. 03-0564)
1. Building, maintaining, attending, or using a campfire, charcoal, coal or wood stove. EXCEPTIONS: (1) resident owners and lessees of land and holders of Forest Service recreation special use authorizations, within the restricted area, provided such fires are within a permanent structure and (2) persons utilizing petroleum-fueled stoves, lanterns or heating devices provided such devices meet the fire underwriter's specifications for safety.
2. Using an explosive.
3. Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building.
4. Possessing, discharging or using any kind of firework or other pyrotechnic device.
5. Operating a chainsaw, or other equipment powered by an internal combustion engine, is prohibited from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
6. Welding or operating an acetylene or other torch with open flame.
7. Operating or using any internal or external combustion engine without a spark arresting device properly installed, maintained, and in effective working order meeting either: a) Department of Agriculture, Forest Service Standard 5100-1a, or b) Appropriate Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) recommended practice J335 (b) and J350 (a).
8. Possessing or using a motor vehicle off National Forest System roads. EXCEPTIONS: (1) when parking in an area devoid of vegetation within 10 feet of the roadway or (2) when parking overnight in Forest Service developed campgrounds and trailheads.
1. Persons with a Forest Service permit specifically authorizing the otherwise prohibited act or omission.
2. Any Federal, State or local officer, or member of an organized firefighting force in the performance of an official
The "restricted area" includes all National Forest System lands within the boundary of the Cibola National Forest, Rita Blanca National Grasslands, Cimarron County within the state of Oklahoma.
This Order is necessary to protect public health and safety due to the increased fire danger.
1. This Order will be in effect when signed and shall remain in effect until December 31, 2016 or until rescinded, whichever occurs first.
2. Any violation of this prohibition is punishable as a Class B misdemeanor by a fine of not more than $5,000 (for individuals) and $10,000 (for organizations) or imprisonment for not more than six (6) months, or both.
3. This Order supersedes any previous orders prohibiting the same acts covered by this Order.
Order No. 03-0564 was signed in Albuquerque, NM on March 18, 2016 by Elaine B. Kohrman Forest Supervisor Cibola National Forest and National Grasslands.
0 Upcoming Restrictions
Oklahoma SWCG Area Press Release
Oklahoma SWCG Area Information
Updated: May 2, 2014 (2 years ago)
Note: Seasonal conditions may require that more activities be prohibited or restricted. Contact the location you will be visiting for the latest information.